Apr 22, 2009

Springtime in Springfield

Things are finally starting to turn green! I could not be happier. I loathe winter.

And, since things are turning green, I thought I'd showcase two very green things in Liberty Heights.



My neighborhood is home to the sub-neighborhood of Hungry Hill, a bastion of Irish heritage. This lovely home is on Carew Street, directly across from Mayfair. I think it's pretty.

A lot of the homes in my neighborhood also have shamrocks painted at the end of their driveways to show some Irish pride. Ninety-nine percent are plain kelly green shamrocks, but I found one home on Phoenix Terrace that has something a little extra:



Gotta love Massachusetts.

[Edit, May 8, 6:40 p.m.] Those folks on Phoenix Terrace got nothing on these guys on Dana Street:

No comments:

Post a Comment