Mar 11, 2009

An evening stroll

The small dog and I continued our mission of visiting every street in Liberty Heights tonight, working on the section between the curve of St. James and Nottingham. We traveled down (in somewhat chronological order) Ansara, Ramah, Alpha and Porter. This is the view from the end of Porter Street:



It looks out over a very busy intersection -- the on and off ramps to I-291, St. James and Page Boulevard.

From there, we moved on to Border, and then finished up Wilson and Middle. On Middle, there rests the Marconi Club.



As far as I can tell, this is a club a little like the Elks, where members meet occasionally and parties can rent out the space for get togethers. The fence around it makes it look a little like a top secret compound in my opinion. To learn about the club, click here.

The small dog and I also finish up Griffin, strolled up McBride, then Parallel, and down Nottingham to Carew. Nottingham is done!

At the corner of Nottingham and Carew is MBC Realtors. Best of City Guide for Springfield rated the office number 1 for work in duplexes and number 1 for office space.



As we wandered back up Carew toward home, I stopped to take a picture of some permanent dog graffiti in the sidewalk across from Liberty Elementary. I call this piece "Fido Was Here":



Since there was a little light left by the time we got back toward home, we wandered along Upland and then Victoria before calling it an evening.

I've been plotting...I think I'm going to stay on the east side of Carew Street for a while. Just stay on this side all the way down to Chestnut. It really is a big project; I need to keep it manageable.

28 down, 195 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment