Mar 17, 2009

Up and down

Today, I decided to finish up the curve around St. James and all the streets between it and mine. The dog and I headed up Melville toward St. James, then turned off that onto Kingsley. It was down Kingsley, then Upland and onto Carew, and from there, onto Glenham. We followed this pattern for the rest of our walk -- up one street, around the end cap (to steal a grocery store term), and then down another. From Glenham, we headed back around to Carew Terrace, onto Carew Street, up Sherbrooke, left over Coleridge, left down Corona, and then back out onto Carew.

On the corner of Corona and Carew, there is a hair and nail salon that just went out of business a few months ago and the shadiest pizzeria in the history of pizza parlors. Pizza Express seems to only be open half the year -- the other six months, the owners are "on vacation." Also, there appears to be a new variety store called All In One & Some Fun Variety going in next to Pizza Express. Variety stores are very popular in this area.



I've decided that when I am sans dog, I'm going to try every pizza place in the neighborhood. I've heard some not good things about both Jackie's and Express, but I'd prefer to try them myself and make my own opinion. People have such varied opinions on food, I find that you have to try everything yourself. What one hates, another loves.

Moving along...at the corner of St. James and Carew there sits a CVS. I didn't bother taking a picture of that; I figure people know what a CVS Pharmacy looks like and what it sells.

The small dog and I cut through the parking lot and headed back along the curve of St. James, where there apparently is no small Oklahoma Street spur, as the map says there is, unless you count the entrance to the CVS. Which I will be. From St. James, we turned right onto Merida, then left onto Corona, and then left onto San Miguel. That led us back onto St. James and back home.

49 down, 174 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment