Mar 15, 2009

I made a shocking discovery today on a walk with the doggie and my future husband -- Wilbur Street does not exist. If you look at the complete list of street names in this entry, you'll notice there is a WilbER Street and a WilbUR Street. Since I strolled down Wilber the other day, I thought I'd do Wilbur today. Turns out, it's all Wilber.

We traveled down Wilber to Kendall, so I could finish that street. Where Kendall meets Liberty, there is a little plaza that is home to a pizzeria, an industrial supplier, a clothing shop and a hair salon.



Jackie's Pizza offers "wings, seafood, salads, pasta, subs, soups, side orders, outstanding pizzas, fried dough, desserts, deli specials, deli sandwiches, childrens' dinners, calzones and appetizers." It is one of several pizzerias in the Liberty Street area. I have yet to try Jackie's, and I'm very picky about my pizza. I grew up in New York, after all.



George Radner Industrial Supply Company offers new and used machinery and industrial equipment and supplies.



Springfield is home to a lot of hip-hop and urban clothing stores, and that's what Cabos Flava Fashions sells. (Fun fact: The phone number that's on the sign for the shop belongs to a home a couple blocks away.)



Valle Vale International Hair specializes in Joico hair products. Despite the fact that I've been living here for almost two years, I have yet to find a Springfield-based salon to get my hair cut at -- I just wait until I go to visit my father and get my hair cut in Ilion, where I've always gone. Am I stubborn or am I too lazy to find someone new?

From the plaza, we headed up to the Liberty Street entrance to Van Horn Park and spent a little more than an hour there, letting the little dog romp. He enjoyed some aquatics.



40 down, 183 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment